We’re suckers for sweet potatoes. Hence the excitement we felt when we first created the Thanksgiving in your Mouth Green Smoothie many moons ago.
Have you tried it yet? If not, it’s time to get blending because this one is like a healthy version of a pumpkin spice latte— Ahhhh-mazing!
And if the recipe below isn’t reason alone to fill your shopping basket with some sweet potatoes, we have 5 reasons that will get you there ASAP.
Here are five reasons we love sweet potatoes
1. Eye Like You — Like carrots, one cup of cooked sweet potatoes is high in Vitamin A — which are essential for healthy eyes.
2. Immune Booster — Sweet potatoes are full of vitamins and minerals that help keep your immunity strong.
3. Budget Friendly — Available during the winter months when most other produce tends to be expensive, this orange knockout is one to reach for if you have a tight budget. They are widely available and cost efficient.
4. Keep things moving — Sweet potatoes contain high amounts of fiber which helps keep you full longer and also keeps things moving regularly.
5. Yum Factor — You can’t beat the sweet potato taste. Sweet potatoes are incredibly delicious and so good for you, it’s time to bust these bad boys out and start adding them to your blender.
If you’re new to roasting root vegetables, check out this article to see the best way to prep and roast your sweet potato.
THANKSGIVING IN YOUR MOUTH
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups almond milk unsweetened
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sweet potato cooked
- 2 cups mango
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Blend spinach, almond milk and water until smooth.
- Next add remaining ingredients and blend again.
Bake sweet potato at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Then chill in fridge until ready to use. Use at frozen mango to make the green smoothie cold.