Are you ready to RAWK your green smoothie world a little more? The next step to adopt on your road to leafy green health and happiness is making your daily smoothies ahead of time. Prepping your smoothies shaves off precious extra minutes in your morning routine, plus it puts the kibosh on any other excuses that stand in the way of you sipping on some healthy green goodness.
Make ahead smoothie prep really does help me save time in the morning. I love not having to think about cutting up fruit or accidentally running out of smoothie ingredients. I love pulling out my recipe cards and getting to work prepping smoothies for the week (or month!) and the best part is that it only takes a few minutes to do.
Let's get started!
Step 1: Have your ingredients and supplies ready.
Make sure the leafy greens are washed, spun or patted dry, and ready to go.
Step 2: Slice or cut fruit into chunks.
Step 3: Label bag and jar lids with name and date.
Be specific. You might also want to include how much of which liquid gets blended with each smoothie pack. (I keep my recipe cards handy for this purpose also.)
Step 4: Measure out the ingredients and pack into jars or bags.
Remove as much air as possible from bags when sealing closed. Pack fruit and greens tightly into the jars and screw on the lids.
Step 5: Place in freezer.
Don't pack too tightly together. There should be some air circulation. That will help the contents to freeze quickly.
More Green Smoothie Prep tips:
- Cut fruit into smaller pieces and freeze ahead of time on lined baking sheets or use packaged frozen fruit. This will help keep the fruit and leafy greens from freezing together in a large clump and the smoothies will blend more easily.
- Before blending, thaw for a few minutes on the counter or in warm water. The fruit and greens will come out of the jar/bag easier too.
- Store greens and fruit separately, if desired. Pack washed and dried greens tightly into freezer bags or jars. Due to the nature of the freezing process, you will need to measure out slightly less frozen greens than fresh.
- Smoothie packs will keep for several months in the freezer, but are the very best quality when used within 2-4 weeks.
- If hoar frost forms on the fruit and greens, it is still perfectly safe to consume. It can be rinsed off with lukewarm water.
- Store smoothie packs away from foods with strong odors. Glass jars offer the best protection against odors.
- Smoothies can be blended and then frozen until ready to use. Just defrost them in the fridge the night before you are ready to use. Some separation might occur, but the smoothies will still be fine to consume.
HEADS UP! WE WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THIS PAGE CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. IF YOU PURCHASE A PRODUCT THROUGH AN AFFILIATE LINK, YOUR COST WILL BE THE SAME, BUT SIMPLE GREEN SMOOTHIES, LLC WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION. YOUR SUPPORT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED AND HELPS US SPREAD THE GREEN SMOOTHIE LOVE. RAWK ON!