This Whole 30 green smoothie relies on vitamin-rich kale, naturally sweet root veggies, low-sugar strawberries, a little banana, and a spoonful of coconut oil.
It seems like just about everyone I know is doing or has done Whole 30 over the last few years. I love the premise of the Whole 30 way of eating – whole, unprocessed foods, and NO sugar. It's great advice for anyone, Whole 30 or not.
Eating the Whole 30 way doesn't mean you have to give up your green smoothies. On the contrary! We think it's a great way to pack more plants into your day, which is why we wanted to create a special recipe full of leafy green and veggies goodness that is lower in sugar, high in fiber, and includes a healthy fat, in this case, coconut oil.
Whole 30 Green Smoothie: Carrot Beet Berry
This gorgeous ruby red smoothie is jam-packed with antioxidants, fiber, and other nutrients to fuel your body with plant-powered goodness while you eat the Whole 30 way.
- 2 cups baby kale
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium carrot peeled and sliced
- 1 small beet peeled and diced
- 1 cup strawberries frozen
- 1 banana medium
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Optional flavor boosters 1/4 fresh mint and/or 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger
- Place baby kale, water, carrot, and beet into blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add fruit and coconut oil, and any flavor boosters. Blend again.
If you don't like beets, simply substitute with carrot or extra berries. We like using an MCT coconut oil, but one that is extra-virgin and unrefined is also a preferred option.