We create this special Thanksgiving in Your Mouth Smoothie with just enough spice and sweet potato – perfect for the holiday season!
The produce in my CSA basket is changing colors just like the season. I can tell autumn is here because this week I got my first basket with sweet potatoes in it. We baked them all in the oven, ate some with butter and saved some for this week's very special green smoothie with sweet potato recipe – Thanksgiving In Your Mouth. I have been wanting to try this recipe and this was the week I had all the ingredients. It was like dessert — it's that good! And it's incredibly filling— I shared the smoothie with my husband and we both had a Thanksgiving party in our mouths. It was incredible, and didn't taste a hint like spinach, which from the look of it is very surprising!
This recipe is featured in the “Delicious Desserts” chapter of our book: Simple Green Smoothies. There are over 100 green smoothie recipes in the book along with a 10-day kickstart (10 recipes with shopping lists).
You can order the book right here!
THANKSGIVING IN YOUR MOUTH
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups almond milk unsweetened
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sweet potato cooked
- 2 cups mango
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Blend spinach, almond milk and water until smooth.
- Next add remaining ingredients and blend again.
* Bake sweet potato at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Then chill in fridge until ready to use. Use at frozen mango to make the green smoothie cold.