It’s late evening and the summer heat has set in. You hear that familiar tinkling tune … the ice cream man is headed your way. And suddenly you’re giddy like a five year old, but instead of running to the driveway with three dollars in your hand, that whimsical music just reminded you that you made popsicles yesterday… and they are ready to enjoy now!
That could be you tomorrow!
And the best part is, you’re gonna love these popsicles much more than any popsicle you could get from the ice cream man! These strawberry mint popsicles are everything you could want from a popsicle: ice cold, refreshing (thank you mint!), and oh-so-good for you because, guess what? They’re made from a green smoothie!
Strawberry Mint Popsicles
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups strawberries fresh or thawed if frozen
- 4 medjool dates pitted and chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- tablespoons OPTIONAL: 2 diced beets or 1/2 teaspoon beet powder
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into a popsicle mold or small disposable cups. Insert popsicle sticks.
- Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours or overnight.
Tip: If you’re ready to take your popsicle making to the next level, try Zoku Classic Pops popsicle molds. And don’t forget to dip the molds in warm water for easier removal of pops from the mold.
We want to know:
Do you have a favorite smoothie with strawberry or mint? If you do, share it with us in the comments below. We always love hearing from you!