Who says you can't have dessert for breakfast? This gorgeous Raspberry Coconut Green Smoothie is a family favorite. Bright, tart raspberries are blended with creamy coconut milk, sweet coconut water, iron-rich spinach, and a spoonful of flax seed. It's just the thing when you're craving something fruity, sweet, and healthy.
The deep red color of raspberries means that they are high in antioxidants which can help prevent cancer and other diseases. It's also important to include lignans in your diet, and flaxseeds are an excellent source. Lignans may reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer, and diabetes. So drink up and reap the benefits of starting your day the healthiest way possible…with a delicious green smoothie.
Raspberry Coconut Shortcake Green Smoothie
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut water
- 3 cups raspberries
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- garnish with coconut flakes or flax seed
- Blend spinach and liquid until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth. Garnish with coconut flakes and flax seed if you'd like, and enjoy!
*Use frozen fruit to make smoothie cold.