Need another reason to love fall? This pumpkin smoothie is it. It's made with fresh and seasonal produce, which always makes me happy.
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 cup pumpkin (fresh (or canned))
- 1 large carrot
- 2 bananas
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Blend spinach and almond milk until smooth.
- Next add the remaining fruits and blend again.
Tip: To reduce the starchiness of the pumpkin, soak 1 cup raw pumpkin overnight in water and a tablespoon of lemon juice.