Are you feeling adventurous?! Try this Kiwi Strawberry Green Smoothie on for size!
We love rotating our smoothie greens (which is a great way to avoid alkaloid build-up) by adding in new and different greens than our usual kale, spinach, or chard.
Dandelion greens may sound intimidating. I mean, aren't those the pesky weeds that grow in your grass? Bet you didn't know that they are 100% edible, and not only that, but loaded with nutrients like vitamins A and C, B6, calcium, potassium, and iron. And…they're in this smoothie!
By themselves the flavor of the dandelion greens can be a bit overwhelming. We combine them with kale in this kiwi strawberry green smoothie, but feel free to alter the amounts to suit your personal tastes. Pairing the dandelion greens with spinach first might be a good first step if you're still a beginner or a teensy bit scared – no judgment from us!
This kiwi strawberry green smoothie is also LOADED with vitamin C. The kiwi and strawberry have even more “C” thank the citrus. #themoreyouknow
Sip up to give your immune system a boost!Print
Strawberries, kiwi and fresh oranges give this green smoothie a sweet vitamin C boost.
- 2 cups kale and dandelion greens (fresh)
- 2 cups orange juice (fresh squeezed)
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 kiwi
- 1 banana
- 1 lemon (squeezed)
- Blend greens and orange juice until smooth.
- Next add the remaining fruits and blend again.
* Use at least one frozen fruit to make the green smoothie cold. TIP: You can keep the kiwi skin on to add an extra nutritional boost of fiber. But feel free to peel the fuzzy kiwi skin. It's really a personal preference.