With the sweet combination of cherries and mixed berries, this Berry Cherry Jubilee recipe is packed with antioxidants. There are many added health benefits when you add cherries to your green smoothie recipes. Read below to see why cherries are so Rawesome!
Health benefits of cherries
1. 1 cup of cherries (without pits) contain 3 grams of fiber.
2. Cherries are packed with antioxidants which aid in the reduction of heart disease and cancer.
3. They are an excellent source of beta carotene (vitamin A) as well as vitamins C and E.
4. Great source of the following minerals: potassium, magnesium, iron, folate and fiber.
5. Cherries are also known for their anti-inflammatory benefits which helps to reduce pain and joint soreness for runners and athletes after workouts.
BERRY CHERRY JUBILEE
- 2 cups spinach fresh
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cherries pitted
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1 bananas
- Blend spinach and water until smooth.
- Next add the remaining fruits and blend again.
* Use at least one frozen fruit to make the green smoothie cold. Make sure to remove cherry pits before blending.