Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that kale is one of the healthiest foods you can eat. It's up there with other cancer-fighting cruciferous veggies like cabbage, bok choy, cauliflower, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts. By any means, go ahead and eat as many as you want. One of the easiest ways to fit in some extra leafy green goodness is to blend it up with fruit and sip your way to good health.
We love adding kale to our smoothies. It can have a strong taste, which is why we've included a little fresh lemon juice to tame the flavor. (Still not a fan of kale? Totally reach for baby kale which is milder in flavor and blends even easier than that grown-up kale.)
This simple recipe only contains four ingredients:
- Bananas add natural sweetness plus loads of potassium and dietary fiber
- Avocado adds healthy fats and makes it extra creamy.
- Kale, see above 😉
- Lemon tames the bitterness plus is great for adding a little extra vitamin C
We are lovers of all things leafy green— especially kale. And this extremely creamy green smoothie is no exception.
- 2 cups kale (fresh)
- 2 cups water
- 3 bananas
- 1/4 avocado
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon (optional)
- Blend kale and water until smooth.
- Next add the remaining fruits and blend again.
*Use at least one frozen fruit to make the green smoothie cold. TIP: If your kale is bitter, add the juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon to counter the bitterness.