Who doesn't love a mug of hot chocolate on a chilly night? And okay, anytime really. But healthy hot chocolate – is that even possible? You betcha! We urge you to ditch that powdered stuff and give our simple recipe a try.
It’s incredibly easy to make this healthy hot chocolate in the blender. Plus did we mention that it’s super chocolatey? Well it is, and we give it a big thumbs up.Print
- 2 cups hot milk (any variety: dairy (almond, coconut, etc.))
- 2 Tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Place the hot milk and other ingredients in blender. Puree until combined. Serve this frothy chocolatey goodness immediately.
Use caution when blending hot liquids. Start on lowest speed and don't use boiling hot liquid. If using a high speed blender, cold milk can be added along with the other ingredients and blended on high (or soup function) to heat the hot chocolate. I also like to put a towel on top of the blender container when blending hot liquids. This recipe can also be made in a pan on the stove. Heat the milk of choice in a small pan over medium heat, then whisk in the other ingredients.
Want more rawkstar cold-weather recipes?