Essentials : Simple Green Smoothies must-haves

Some may call it an obsession, others may call it an addiction

Either way, we truly love green smoothies and have spent lots of time testing and trying various products to share with you. We always get excited when we find something that helps make life a little easier— like the bamboo mason jar lids or paper straws that are eco-friendly AND adorable! We’ve compiled a list of our favorite green smoothie must-haves that rock our world! Click any of the links below to be taken directly to Amazon or the seller directly (we get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase).

543 comments

R.Elaine 1.11.2017 at 5:22 am

Hi I am currently on a 30 day no sugar challenge. I would love to drink a smoothie 2 times a day. I do not like milk or yogurt of ANY kind. Need a little help please. Just discovered this site today and have read many questions and reviewed the site. Not sure where to start. This site has lots of products and I just want to start simple. Can I use ice? Helpppp! Thank you

SGS Rawkstar 1.12.2017 at 7:23 am

Hi R.Elaine,

Thanks for reaching out! We’re so excited to hear you found us in this busy digital world! We stay away from dairy, so you won’t find cow’s milk or yogurt in any of our recipes. Want to start simple? We’ve got the perfect place for you to start, Simple 7!! It’s 7 days of green smoothies. We give you all of the recipes, a shopping list, and plenty of tips + tricks. Did we mention it’s FREE? Sign up here…

Joanne 8.26.2016 at 6:37 am

Can I loose weight. With these smoothies and how much ti drink thanks

SGS Rawkstar 8.26.2016 at 7:55 am

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for reaching out! While weight loss isn’t the #1 goal here at Simple Green Smoothies it can be a happy accident. Jadah, our co-founder, lost over 25 lbs by replacing one meal with a green smoothie.

Learn more about her story here…

When using your green smoothie as a meal replacement we suggest adding protein and healthy fats to ensure you’re fueling your body with a complete meal. Learn more about our favorite meal replacement booster combos here…

Hope this helps get you started on the right foot towards reaching your health + wellness goals. Reach out with any questions!

lily troche 10.12.2016 at 8:38 pm

is it good for diebetic2

SGS Rawkstar 10.13.2016 at 5:44 pm

Hi Lily,

Thank for reaching out to us. Since we are not doctors or nutritionists, we suggest that any member of community with health concerns to speak to their healthcare provider to confirm that green smoothies and the natural sugars are okay for their eating plan. Here is a link to our favorite low sugar fruits.

Hope that helps.

Jessica 8.7.2016 at 5:49 pm

I have just started doing daily green smoothies, a week and a half under my belt! My Mom had some health issues and started about 6 months ago and has been bugging me to try it. I have to say, I’m hooked. I’m starting simple, basic ingredients, I think. I do almond milk (or coconut or cashew), my greens are spinach and kale thus far, and I’ve done mixed berries(frozen), apple, banana, peach, mango, pineapple, carrots, celery, cucumber, avocado, black beans, canellini beans, peanut butter, coconut water, aloe water, and Greek yogurt. I don’t use water or ice, I freeze almost all of my ingredients. The different combinations are so fun. I buy some stuff like the mixed berries frozen, others I cut up and freeze, I got fresh pineapples for $1 each and prepped and froze, I found store brand canned beans that are no salt added organic, only ingredients are beans and water, I rinse them well and freeze in ice cube trays. I use a $20 dollar Oster blender that I’ve had for years, it works great on every thing, so far, so good. I looked into protein powder but you really have to look for quality there I can’t really do soy, so much added stuff and junk. and I think my beans and Greek yogurt make up for it (if you do dairy). I’m someone who never had breakfast and rarely even lunch, I’ve been so surprised how much I’ve gotten into this. My body craves it, my brain and gut are like “OMG! nutrients! MORE!” Lol, Like I said, I am just starting so I love all of the information here. Thanks so much!

SGS Rawkstar 8.8.2016 at 11:48 am

Rawk on, Jessica!! Thank you so much for reaching out + blending with us!

Cheers! 🙂

Lori 8.1.2016 at 9:06 am

Can you use add any protein powder to the smoothies?

SGS Rawkstar 8.1.2016 at 11:49 am

Hi Lori,

Thanks for reaching out! We suggest reaching for plant-based protein powders. And take a peek at the ingredients, we love simple powders like Hemp Protein Powder, free of any yucky additives or sugars.

Joyce Armstrong 6.20.2016 at 11:05 am

I also wanted to say, that I wanted to stay out with an inexpensive blender (what if I hated them and spent a fortune).
I couldn’t believe I found a Ninja Master Prep for $34.00 or $35.00!
I didn’t even realize it has a pitcher with pouring spout. Another small container. Both have their own 2 blades. Both have a storage lid. And the motor goes on top. Which I though was really dumb at first, but it’s great and so easy.
I love it, though I’m still learning how much mixing different things need. But so far, it’s mixed everything I’ve thrown in it, and I use a lot of frozen fruits and spinach.
If it’s ok to mention this blender it really might help someone starting out. If u’d rather not mention it, that’s ok too.

SGS Rawkstar 6.21.2016 at 8:48 am

Thanks for sharing, Joyce! We always love hearing blender-feedback from our community members :).

Joyce Armstrong 6.20.2016 at 10:56 am

I’m fairly new to smoothies. But I love some that I’ve tried. I am also trying to eat clean and lose weight. Do u tell us the nutritional value and calories for each recipe? Do u suggest substitutions that will give u the same benefit? I have a problem with constipation since I had chemo and radiation. So there r days I don’t want to eat nuts and bananas. Do any of the seeds cause constipation also?
Thanks for any answer u can give. I realize I asked u a few questions.

SGS Rawkstar 6.21.2016 at 8:56 am

Hi Joyce!

Thank you so much for reaching out! At this time, we do not include the nutrient content with our smoothies. We want to encourage our community members to focus on fueling themselves with whole, nutrient-rich foods and listening to their bodies as opposed to tracking numbers :).

In regards to constipation, be sure you’re drinking lots of water, especially if you’re new to green smoothies! We also recommend sticking with one serving per day (2 cups or 16oz) to start. Green smoothies are high in fiber (thanks to all the fruit + leafy greens!), so if you’re not used to eating or drinking a lot of fiber, it can take your body a little time to adjust. Keep in mind that many green smoothie additions (such as chia seeds, oats, and hemp hearts) have high fiber contents, as well.

Here is link to our Rawkstar substitution guide that may be helpful, if you need to switch up your ingredients :). http://simplegreensmoothies.com/tips/substitution-guide

And, of course, since we are not health care professionals, we always recommend that our community members with any medical conditions speak with their doctor to determine if green smoothies are a good choice for them at this time. Everybody is so different :).

Abigail 6.11.2016 at 2:09 pm

Thanks for the great ideas. I’m a vegetarian (for more than 35 years) and get tired of salads. Had a green smoothie for supper and it was delish! Much better for a hot 100 degree evening like tonight. I envision a summer full of these.

SGS Rawkstar 6.13.2016 at 1:36 pm

Hi Abigail!

Thanks for reaching out + for your kind words! I’m totally with you on enjoying green smoothies for supper during the summer months :). Anything to avoid turning on the oven!

Thanks for being a part of our community! Cheers :).

Heather Wainwright 6.3.2016 at 8:53 am

I just joined the Fresh Start 21-day Cleanse, and in one of the downloadable books, you highlight nice-to-have kitchen gadgets, which you said could be purchased here (I think). I’m looking for the featured spiralizer, but I don’t see it above. Will you please direct me to the appropriate link?

SGS Rawkstar 6.3.2016 at 12:33 pm

Hi Heather,

We’re so excited to have you join our Fresh Start 21 Cleanse! Looking for a new spiralizer? Check out one of our favorites + more kitchen tools on our Kitchen Essentials page here…

Susan 4.8.2016 at 8:19 pm

Question… I know its all about the greens, but I tend to share my smoothies with someone on a blood thinner, Vitamin K is bad for her. Can you recommend other “vegetables” to use instead of leafy greens?

SGS Rawkstar 4.11.2016 at 8:33 am

Hi Susan,

Thanks for reaching out! We’re green smoothie lovin’ rawkstars all right, but we’re not doctors or nutritionists. We suggest any member of our community talk with their doctor about any health concerns— I’m sure they can help decide what options are best! Cheers to health + happiness!

Wendula 4.8.2016 at 8:58 am

Hallo, I discovered your web maybe 1-2 yeas ago, when I started with smoothies..but green? spinach? kale? it was really big discovery for me 🙂 Now I attend 30 days challenge and it’s super..thank you very much..I still enjoy it..But for me it’s not only about healthy style..but also about English lessons..because I’m from Czech republic, and I improve – using your site – my English. Thanks!
With best wishes..from Europe..wendula 🙂
and I’m sorry for my English.

SGS Rawkstar 4.8.2016 at 9:19 am

Hi Wendula,

YAY! We’re so excited to have you blendin’ with us! And love that our site can help you reach your health + language goals!

1 23 24 25 26