Essentials : Simple Green Smoothies must-haves

SOME MAY CALL IT AN OBSESSION, OTHERS MAY CALL IT AN ADDICTION

Either way, we truly love green smoothies and have spent lots of time testing and trying various products to share with you. We always get excited when we find something that helps make life a little easier— like the bamboo mason jar lids or paper straws that are eco-friendly AND adorable! We’ve compiled a list of our favorite green smoothie must-haves that rock our world! Click any of the links below to be taken directly to Amazon or the seller directly (we get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase).

539 comments

Alana 1.22.2013 at 1:03 am

One of my friends on facebook linked me to this, and I have definitely signed up for the challenge.
Time for a new healthier me, not just for weight loss but also for my anxiety, because so many vitamins are good for helping with it.

Cheryl 1.16.2013 at 12:48 pm

I freeze my own fruits from fresh so when I add them to the mix, they make it a colder smoothie. The more frozen fruit you add, the more it is like a slushy or milk shake consistancy.

Quanya 1.9.2013 at 7:50 am

Ordered my Ninja and excited abt getting myself and my family living healthy. I would like more kid friendly recipes. I have 3 yr old twins who are very picky.

Jen H 1.9.2013 at 4:04 pm

Hi Quanya. That’s wonderful you are doing this not just for yourself, but for your family. As for kids, we have a kids corner just for you: http://simplegreensmoothies.com/kids Over time, we will be adding more green smoothie recipes for the kiddos. Have you tried the Strawberry and Mint popsicles? http://simplegreensmoothies.com/Recipes/strawberry-and-mint-popsicle

Shantoya 1.6.2013 at 12:09 pm

I am interested in getting the nutribullet since it is more of a single serving blender. It’s just me :-). Do I just cut the recipes in half? I just found your website and I am excited about incorporating green smoothies into my life!

Jadah S 1.6.2013 at 5:27 pm

Hi Shantoya, Yes, cut the recipes in half if it’s just you. It will make a little over 2 cups. 🙂

liz 4.3.2013 at 9:41 am

Or you can put the leftovers in a tight-sealed jar of sorts as a snack for later or a meal later! 🙂

Barbara 1.4.2013 at 4:23 am

So the mango and pineapple need to be frozen? We have them readily available fresh here in Australia. I thought fresh is best. Can I use fresh fruit and not frozen?

Jen H 1.6.2013 at 5:13 am

Fresh is definitely best! We have been using frozen because it’s not as easy to get them fresh in the US. Great question Barbara!

Jennifer 1.2.2013 at 7:54 am

I bought my husband a vitamix blender for Christmas! I myself am 100 pounds overweight and have vowed to lose it my December 31, 2013! Thanks from the bottom of my heart to my dear dear friend Michelle for inviting me on this challenge!

Jen H 1.2.2013 at 10:08 am

This is great Jennifer! I love how you are making 2013 the year for you to focus on health. The Vitamix and green smoothies will be your best friend. I also recommend just following clean eating— which means no processed foods, heavy meats (red), refined grains, sugar, and deep-fried foods. It may sound overwhelming (I’ve been there!), but these steps will allow you to focus on eating right rather than counting calories. It was more enjoyable that way. So happy to have you on board!

mike 12.31.2012 at 10:10 pm

got a nutribullet for christmas and can not say enough about it. everything you put in from seeds, carrots, to the frozen fuit it all becomes liquid. would recommend to anyone and with a coupon can get at the store for under $90

Jen H 1.1.2013 at 5:54 pm

I love hearing happy customers. Merry Christmas to you Mike… and healthy New Year!

Toni Leveille 12.29.2012 at 5:02 pm

Just ordered a Vitamix today! Add an invite from my lovely cousin, Fann, to do the challenge and voila– Can’t wait to begin!

Dana Terrigino 12.21.2012 at 3:53 pm

Just ordered my ninja! Can’t wait to get started!!!

Jen H 11.26.2012 at 6:08 am