If you're looking for a quick, healthy, plant-powered meal, these Zoodles in a Jar definitely fit the bill! I've brought this to my foster care training classes and everyone around me was drooling over my soup— it smells so good and is super comforting in the belly.
Packed with nutrient-rich veggies + plant-based protein, this nourishing zoodle soup was designed as a healthy alternative to Instant Noodles (no crazy amount of sodium + not-so-good for you ingredients here!). I love to make this whenever my body's craving a little comfort food.
Recipe is from Fresh Start (spring)
Instant Noodles, meet Instant Zoodles! This healthy melange of veggies is great for work or a quick dinner. It's also crazy delicious + incredibly nourishing.
- 2 small zucchini (spiralized)
- 1 cup kale (cut into ribbons)
- 1/2 cup carrots (shredded)
- 1/4 cup green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cups vegetable broth (divided)
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- pinch red pepper flakes (OPTIONAL)
- Divide the spiralized zucchini between two quart-size mason jars or another 4 cup container with tight-fitting lid.
- Divide the kale, carrots, green onions, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil between the jars. Top with lid and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, heat 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth and add 1/2 tablespoon tamari. Pour over the veggies in the jar. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons each pepitas and sunflower seeds, and a pinch of red pepper flakes, if using. Eat while warm.*
*These measurements are for one serving/one jar. If you're making both servings at the same time, simply double the ingredients and divide equally amongst the two jars.