Are you ready for the best bowl of comfort soup ever?!
As much as we love blending fresh fruits and veggies into a refreshing glass of goodness… a warm bowl of soup soothes the soul like nothing else! So, we wanna share with you a recipe we both looooooooove. And yep—it's from our amazing Fresh Start 21 Cleanse Kit.
If you have a family to feed, we highly recommend you quadruple this soup recipe (so everyone gets to enjoy it). I remember when my husband asked for seconds, and I was like, “wait…um, I was saving the leftovers for lunch.” 🙂
This Creamy Ginger Carrot Soup is just one of our drool-worthy recipes from our 21-day meal plan. We make whole foods taste real good. Psssst… having a second serving is totally okay with us. #judgementfreezone
Creamy Ginger Carrot Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 pieces carrots washed and chopped into 1/2”
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk unsweetened
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Black pepper and sea salt
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the onions, and cook for another minute. Add the cumin and stir well for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped carrots and sauté for a few minutes, then add the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are just tender.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender or standard blender. (Use caution when using a standard blender. The soup will be hot!) If soup is too thick, add extra broth or coconut milk.
- Add the desired amount of lemon juice plus season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.